New VTS & Stop Buttons for XP GSX RX & More
NOTE - I no longer offer new parts but try OSDparts.com for these kits below.
This is a set of new buttons to replace your worn Start/Stop and VTS buttons on most Sea Doos with trim. The installation is pretty easy only requiring a few metric tools and Iíll provide info on changing them out if needed. Finally, the VTS button pictured is purple but I have black too so let me know if you want that instead.
Procedure for Replacing Start/Stop and VTS Buttons
If youíve bought new buttons, this should explain how to install them. Iíll also hopefully be adding pictures soon.
- Small screwdriver
- 10mm Socket & Ratchet
- Philips Screwdriver
- Metric Allen Wrench Set
- Using small screwdriver, pop out the rubber cap in the end of the grip.
- Using the 10mm ratchet, remove the grip.
- Using the proper allen wrench, loosen the set screw under the button housing until the housing will pull away from the rubber steering cover.
- You then should see a Philips screw that retains the bracket that holds the switches in. Remove that so you can pull the housing off the bar.
- Once off the bar, you can pop out the start/stop button and install the new one. You can also easily remove the VTS button and replace as well.
- Reassemble in the opposite order.
Visitors - since 3/2/2008